I (Mark) am the designated guinea pig here at COM with an OS that wasn’t even at its .1 update when I got it. Since I have a fresh install and am not using the Target Disk mode Firewire transfer this time, I’ll have every chance of finding out the strangenesses as I copy files and, mostly, reinstall apps.
- “Mission Control”? Gimme back my Spaces
- Lion hides my ~/Library folder? Fix that. OS X Lion: Where did my Library go?
- Move the profile from Firefox on my old machine—this is excellent
- Copying working files directly across the network from the old MBP to the new iMac—fast; 40+MB/sec
- Sorenson Squeeze 7 permissions problem. Following the steps listed didn’t work. For now I can’t run this app. FIXED 9-28-11. Not sure why their instructions worked this time. Probably my fault.
- The Cisco chat app that goes with our phone system (CUPC) doesn’t work with Lion yet. UPDATE Dec. 2011: Brian Long says it partly related to server software he’ll be updating.
- Drobo issues: Long story short (including following these instructions), download and install the newest Drobo Dashboard and firmware before attaching your Drobo.
I’ll keep adding to this list as I get my new machine set up. Other resources: